Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter from the AT

The Easter Bunny visits the AT too.

First of all, a very very Happy Easter to all the followers of Nano. Today was a very special day, because on this wonderful holiday, the sun finally came out. It seems a little divine inspiration was in order on this extra special divine day. It was beautiful and about 7o degrees all day long, which was a nice change from the wet and cold we've been dealing with. We went to the sunrise service at a tiny Methodist church down the road from the parking lot where we'd been staying in the RV, and got invited to breakfast, but didn't stay, and marched off into the beautiful day instead.
The first clear view we've had. Supposedly, on very clear days, you can see the New York City skyline from where I am standing in this picture, in the direction I am looking. It's back there somewhere, and the day was clear, but I didn't see anything I could call NYC with any degree of confidence.

We walked a little over 7 miles today, the other portion of the 12-miler we cut short because of the bad weather. I truly enjoyed the walk today. It's been so cold and nasty out that everything has just seemed glued to the ground by the damp. But today, in the sunshine, everything started waking up.

Easter Salamander!

We got a little bit of everything today. We climbed some rocks, had some panoramic views from high spots, walked through forest, crossed streams, and even came across a waterfall. I'm so glad that the Trail decided to give us this beautiful day as an Easter present. It was hard to not be home with my family. I know that Trail Angel Mamma had an amazing supper cooked, just like she always does, and I was sad to miss our traditional Easter festivities. But it seems fate stepped in with something beautiful for my Easter day, even though I couldn't be at home. Thank goodness for little Easter miracles.

Easter Hikers

No comments:

Post a Comment