Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day from the AT


Airport Mothers Day Surprise

This weekend we got to do something very special. We didn't do any hiking. What we did do was surprise our Trail Angel at the airport for Mothers Day. She was flying home from Texas. She has been with a dear friend who is being treated for cancer in Houston. We decided that we would go be with her this weekend. So we found the nearest airport to us here in Connecticut and snuck down to the Nashville airport to meet the Trail Angel when her plane from Texas arrived.

Mothers Day Dinner
We stayed at a hotel in Nashville and took Mamma out to dinner at a nice restaurant. We brought her some tidbits from really neat places we've found in the small towns up here in Connecticut (a Belgian chocolatier and a glassblower, to be specific), but mostly I was just glad to be with my mother on Mothers Day. Being out here on the Trail isn't the same without my Trail Angel, and I miss her every day. There are not enough words for how wonderful my Mamma is. I hope and pray that I can be half the woman she is someday. Thank you, Mamma, for giving me life. I love you.

Nano and her Trail Angel

1 comment: